Ever since "blogging" became somewhat mainstream, I've thought it sounded like a good place to rant, vent, and basically spew emotions without necessarily directing them at anyone in particular. It became a largely political vehicle and remained that way for a couple of years, and now it seems everyone has one. Everyone but Amy and I. Well now that's changed and we've decided to join the bloggers.
I'll still rant, and I'll still vent, but really I think that the purpose of this blog is for everyone to be able to follow Amy and Espen and I. I don't talk too much about political issues (I believe that at this point, everything comes back to politics in some form) in person, although I've had good discussions at some point with all my brothers-in-law. I am going to use this blog to that extent, just so you know. Everyone is free to comment on my ideals or email me if you want a more in-depth discussion. Always happy to have an intellectual chat.
Also, as everyone knows, I am the KING of useless knowledge, and I'll try my best to put at least one fact in every post. Today's: "blogging" is a shortened version of the original name of the medium, "web logging". People who "web logged" were "web loggers". A contraction here, drop a couple letters there, and now "bloggers" "blog".
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good start. Hoping for more photos in future entries.
I actually knew that "blogging" came from web logging. Whatever you want to call it, I'm glad you're finally doing it!
Personally, I look forward to the "fun fact of the day." I think maybe you should up the fact quota, though, since I KNOW you have more than one fact at your fingertips per day.
Espen's a cutie! Crazy to look back at those one-hour-old photos. If we all learned as much as babies do in 6 months, our heads would explode.
Post a Comment