Espen has started to pull himself up to a standing position quite a bit, on everything from our legs to the rocking chair. He has just started to crawl up the stairs, although it's pretty tricky and he gets tired fast. We have 3 steps, then a landing, then about 12 more steps, and he finally made it up all three stairs to the landing, then took a bit of a breather until he noticed that there were more stairs to go! He scooted towards them but Amy picked him up before he could get started on scaling them. He's getting so big and heavy. Hard to believe he has grown so much. He's going to be walking before we know it! What a fantastic experience parenting is!

Useless fact o' the day: the typical American eats 11 pounds of carrots a year.
Useless fact no. 2: Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird. When Thomas Jefferson objected and got the Bald Eagle to be the national bird, Franklin got so upset he spent the rest of his life calling all male turkeys "Tom" turkeys. (Fair warning -- I couldn't get secondary verification for this anywhere, so if you can find a reference one way or the other, props to you, and let me know.)
4 comments:
He is SUCH a cutie! I can't wait to see him at Christmas! And you guys I guess... Ha ha!
I am excited to eat Mr. Jefferson ("Tommy," as I affectionately call my Thanksgiving meal). I bet he'll get a good go at mom and dad's staircase by the holidays!
You should start introducing him as "mini me." :)
He is so cute. I love the new stages of life. It is so exciting when they start exploring the world on their own.
Post a Comment