Sunday evening as I came downstairs and sat down, Espen was playing with Amy. She kept his attention until I plopped down in a chair in the living room, at which point Espen turned around and said, "Dada" and started crawling towards me. When he reached me, he said, "Dada" again and stood up while holding onto my leg. Now, Amy and I aren't absolutely positive that he meant it as "Dada", because there are several factors that actually go into it being a word rather than babbling, but he said it while looking directly at me and while his intent was obviously to come see me. Also, he just said, "Dada", not "dadadadadadada", which also implies it is a word rather than babbling, and he did it without cue from Amy or me. However, he has not repeated it yesterday or today, so... who knows? ESPEN KNOWS, and he's not telling. He did copy a couple words today, sort of, dog (as both "Dah" and "Wog") and puppy (as "Puh, Puh" and "Puh-Eee") but that seems to be repetition rather than true words. For now, anyway. Is "Dada" his first word? It could have been!
Useless fact of the day: strip mining prevents forest fires.
Useless fact of the day 2: New York is the second highest populated city in the world (20 million people), but it has just over half the population of the most populated city in the world, Tokyo (36 million people).
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Espen is such a cutie. And I laughed when I read your first random fact:)
Before you know it, he'll be saying, "Dear Father, may I go to the backyard and pratice hitting my nine iron."
Maybe his first sentence will be "Aunt Kari is my favorite." You never know.
Post a Comment