Monday, August 9, 2010

Dilemma

I am having a dilemma. It has been a great summer. I have gotten a lot done - both in the sense of accomplishing some projects and in relaxing. The down side? I still have a long list of things that needed to get done... and I'm not ready to go back to work yet. I want to continue sleeping until 7:30ish, taking a 2:00pm nap when Espen does, staying up late to watch t.v./movies/check facebook with Eric, and having weekly play dates with friends. Unfortunately, I have to go back to work on the 17th whether I like it or not. And the 17th is getting here pretty quick!

So what do I do? 1) Finish projects in one week (like ordering pictures that are getting all piled up in my laptop, building a pergola, installing ~ let's get real ~ having someone else install ~ ceiling fans, new doors, and hardwood floors, etc.), 2) Just play with Espen and pretend I'm retired from housework, yardwork, and my job, 3) Get into my office (but then who will take care of Espen?) and finish painting, unpacking, organizing, and getting started with the new school year before the meetings start and the kids come back?

Let's face it... there just isn't enough time in the world to accomplish any of those successfully without taking from something else. Blah!

Not to mention, Eric still doesn't have a set schedule and yet I'm supposed to call to set up day care for SOMEONE ELSE to take care of Espen while we're both at work...

2 comments:

Elsha said...

So, did you figure it all out yet?

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I agree! At the beginning of each day I have a HUGE to-do list of all these great projects that could further our cause on getting our house beautiful and organized, yet I MUST get a couple chapters read of my current book, and I SHOULD take a quick nap in the afternoon while I still can... What's a girl to do? In the end, I vote you tackle ONE project and get it done to completion so you don't have 3 unfinished projects AND you're back at work. Good luck scheduling care for Espen!