Friday, August 26, 2011
So long nap time
There were a lot of days in June when we were trying to pack the house/ move everything to storage or our rental home, that it made Espen late for his nap or miss his nap all together. That made it even more challenging for him to take a nap when we were actually at home and not doing anything at nap time. He also started arguing about taking a nap. He never used to do that! He would happily climb the stairs, listen to a few stories, rock in my arms, and then climb right in. Well no more. :-( July and August have gone by with hardly a nap to mention. I'm so surprised because he went from 1 1/2-3 hours a day, to NOTHING. Boo hoo. I thought they would gradually become shorter naps so that I would know it was coming. This also means that all of that scrapbooking I was going to do this summer still hasn't happened. I even bought a table for it so that I could leave it all out instead of having to get it out to work on it and put it away when I was finished. Ah well... maybe I'll find some other way to get it done! And at least Espen is finally cheerful without a nap. For several weeks there it was obvious that he still NEEDED one even if he didn't take one. He is just growing up so fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's getting obvious that Kalena doesn't NEED a nap anymore, since she doesn't go to sleep for like 2 hours after we put her to bed. (Unless she doesn't nap, in which case she goes right to sleep.) But since she still happily goes to her room and plays at 7, I keep making her nap!
Post a Comment