We are home owners again! We closed on Cloverdale Ct at 1:00 pm Wednesday, October 19, 2011. I took the day off from work and dad was able to watch Espen (and Petri) while we were there. Eric got the time off from work just for the closing. Afterwards, Eric went back to work, I went and picked up Espen, and the two of us went to the house to clean. I got the main floor vacuumed and then he was pretty much ready to leave. There is still some cleaning and painting to do before we move in. We are also hoping to change the flooring on the main level to hardwood because there is a lot of carpet in the house. My biggest complaint - I have vacuumed the whole place (no easy task - what was I thinking buying a bigger place?!) and it still stinks. I was hoping the stinky smell was from the pets they had there and being closed up and vacant for so long. I was hoping that removing the pets, vacuuming, and opening windows would give it a fresh start. Well, now we've had the upstairs carpets professionally cleaned and the lower level carpets professionally cleaned and I've had air purifiers/ sanitizers running nonstop. I am hopeful at this point that when we take up the flooring on the main level and replace it with hardwood that the smell will be gone. If not, I guess we'll have to replace all of the flooring (and maybe floor boards) before we move in. :-( Note to pet owners - DON'T LET YOUR PETS USE THE FLOOR AS THEIR BATHROOM. IT'S GROSS. REALLY, REALLY GROSS. AND HARD TO CLEAN.
When that's taken care of, it will be a nice place to live. I love the floor plan and Espen is very excited for his loft bedroom (which he still calls a bunk bed at least 80% of the time). I'm waiting to take Petri over there to visit until the smell is gone. I think the fence might also need a few repairs before it's ready for such a small, scrappy dog as Pete.
Our To Do List is so long that I don't know how to prioritize everything. My brain feels like it's on a hamster wheel right now. Running through all the things that need to happen, in what order/ under which circumstances, etc. Eric and I only have one day off together and that day is Sunday, so that complicates matters too!
I'll post pictures sometime soon.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't worry... even after 2 years I still sometimes get that hamster wheel feeling, too - so much to do! And mostly it comes down to what we can afford at that moment, but I'd love to redo all our flooring, too! Looking forward to seeing it someday
Post a Comment