Saturday, March 17, 2012

Naps

Oh how I miss the days when Espen took regular naps! He was always a great sleeper. He gave them up sometime during the summer of 2011 when we were busy trying to move out of our house at 655 Springbrook Dr and into a rental house at 525 Hill Ave. I think we (I) must have been trying to get too much done in a day and we (I) skipped it for a few days in a row, instead of keeping with our routine. It paid off from the standpoint that we got a contract on Springbrook within 7 days of putting it on the market (and we closed within the month). Yippee!! But it meant Espen stopped asking for naptime and certainly didn't agree to it when offered. Boohoo! Sometimes if we went swimming at Grandpa Tom & Grandma Jennie's house he would fall asleep in the car on the way home (then believe me I drove out to Rabbit Valley if I had enough gas in the car!!), but otherwise he fought it tooth and nail. He still NEEDED a nap, he just didn't take one anymore.

Luckily, with all the busy days playing with cousins and friends during spring break, he has taken a few naps. Always in silly places because he insists he's not tired and fusses until he crashes - wherever he may land.

In the hallway between his bedroom and the 2nd bedroom.

On the floor of my master closet. Wearing my pink floral print Dansko's.

Such a funny kid!! Love him.

No comments: