Thursday, June 27, 2013
Espen's idea for a name
A while back, before we knew that this baby is a girl, Espen was playing downstairs in the family room while I was at the computer (you know, a little facebook/ email/ work email/ blog reading/ internet cruising). I don't know if he just noticed his Legos or what made it came to mind, but Espen suggested "We should name the baby TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLE-BOY." And without pausing to think/ decide if he was serious/ cushion the blow to his feelings and say we'd think about it, I say "No. We're not naming the baby TMNTB." Well this was the WRONG answer!! He burst into tears and stormed up the stairs shouting, "But I don't have any friends named TMNTB." LOL No. I'm sure you don't. Ha ha! I don't know where this fits under our "rules" for a name, but after he calmed down I explained that daddy and I would pick the name of his brother or sister and then we would let him know what it is. I hope this let him down more gently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment