Monday, August 19, 2013

NST

I went in for a non-stress test today because the baby wasn't moving very much all morning. After lunch I laid down on the floor of my office (on my left side) - and that floor is not comfy, let me tell ya - for an hour and only counted 4 kicks. Right away the monitors at the hospital showed a healthy heartbeat, kicks, and my contractions. Yeah! They were very thorough though and took those rhythms for a while. I'm still at a 3. Then they called my doctor to update him. He asked for an ultrasound to check fluid levels. The ultrasound tech said she wasn't asked to do a biophysical profile but that the baby would have passed it in the first minute because she was so active and had fetal breathing movements. My amniotic fluid measured at 18 - she said there are a number of ways to measure it and different numbers people consider normal - and mine was well beyond all of the minimums. So that's a good sign! They sent us home with a great bill of health and said my doctor wants to see me Wednesday (even though I already have an appt with him on Thursday). It was very cool that she showed us the baby's hair flowing in the fluid. LOL Guess I can bring some clips to the hospital to put in her hair. Yippee!

No comments: