Saturday, February 27, 2010

Party time

Awesome new chair from Gpa John & Gma Linda. I wish the old blue chair could magically transform into one like this ... only my size!

Our cheesey camera grins and a boy who rarely looks in a camera lens!

Gma Jennie and Aunt Kendra had barely walked in the door before Espen emptied out the contents of the gift bag they brought. I must say, he will be a well dressed 2T! He finally understands how to open packages - and has learned that it's worthwhile to do so! Last year for Christmas and his birthday I didn't think he really got it. 2009 Christmas was a little better. Today he didn't really need any help at all. My boy is getting all growed up. ;)


Espen's ready to dig in, but Kalena's not so sure.
She finally came around!



We had a cake and ice cream party for Espen's 2nd birthday. I think his favorite part of the celebration was letting the balloons float up to the ceiling. He was definitely more interested in letting the balloons go, than holding onto them. I finally tied one to his pant loop so that he could play with it if he wanted to but so that I wouldn't have to go upstairs and use the mop handle to get it back down. He was SOOO mad that it was stuck. He went around the room to everyone he could find to ask them "off? off? off?" Grandma Jennie cut it off for him and he ran right over to the part of the living room where the ceiling height climbs and let it go. Gee thanks for that. :)
Alright, where's the rest of that cake?

2 comments:

Kari and Jonathan said...

Now that he's 2 does he get to watch tv?? ;)

Kirsta 'n co. said...

What a great chair - funny how the kiddos get classy and the adults get hand-me-downs :) I totally buy nicer things for my boys than I do for myself. Sorry we missed it, but I hope Espen got his package from us. Happy birthday, kiddo!