A couple of weeks ago we had lots of rainy, cold weather. One of those cold, rainy days, we were picking up Petri from my parents' house before heading home for the night. Espen noticed lots of birds in the neighbor's yard. He said, "Look, mama! Birds!"
So, being the mommy and SLP that I am, I had to expand on this little language-learning opportunity. I said, "Wow! Look at those birds. Those birds are looking for worms."
Espen says "WORMS?!"
"Yes. Birds eat worms."
....silence....
"BIRDS.....ETT...... WORMS?!!!!" .... "YUCK!"
He kept repeating that phrase in various forms all the way home.
Let me tell you, it was hilarious! He even practiced it in his crib while he was cooing himself to sleep. Too funny. I wish I had gotten a picture of his facial expression because it was classic!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's adorable. Watching kids learn is the greatest.
Post a Comment