Sunday, May 2, 2010

zoo cousins





A few weeks ago we passed out pictures of animals to our preschool students during circle time. We set up a chart and had them take turns putting their animal in the "farm" column or the "zoo" column. One little gal put her kangaroo on the farm side. Her big brother put his gorilla on the farm side too. Sad. Just sad. On a side note, their mom just had her fourth baby from like daddy #3.

I had a conference to attend in Denver last Saturday so we stayed with my sister in Broomfield. While I was gone, Espen got to make a shoe box zoo, read about zoo animals, and wear a gorilla tattoo. Then on Sunday we took the kids to the zoo. It was sooo fun! I hope he's a three year old who knows that gorillas live in the jungle or in the zoo... because I'm pretty sure he's a 2 year old who already knows that.

I hope that we can always find ways to teach him what he needs to know in life. I really worry for my clients who don't even get it after practicing a concept 20 times. I feel so blessed to have Espen. Parenting is tough, and it's the most important job in the world.

2 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

What? A zoo trip and you didn't call? We totally have zoo passes! I hope Espen had an awesome time (sounds like he did!), just don't go taking him to any gorilla farms any time soon!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Parenting is definitely hard and I think all of us are worried we aren't teaching our kids everything correctly or whatever else but I'm not worried about Espen! :) we were at the doc office yesterday and there was a boy there that we guessed to be 10 years old and he was trying to read the comics outloud and he couldn't even read 1 word! Sad.