Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BEST part of my day


The very best part of my day is coming home to this guy!
Since I haven't had time to write in Espen's book where I normally write this stuff, here's a list of what he's been doing lately.

-He finally learned to use the word "not" in a sentence. Usually in the form of "I NOT WANT IT!!" You know, for healthy foods, tooth brushing, diaper changes, things we parents just INSIST on.

-When asked/ told to do something necessary (i.e. diaper changes) he'll say "I want big trouble" while wearing the biggest pouty face you've ever seen and go put himself in the time out corner/ on the naughty mat. After a little while then he'll say "ready now" and demonstrate appropriate compliance.

-Add emphasis to whatever he is saying by repeating an important word rather than adding an adjective i.e. big big big BIG dinosaur, or "bappa house way way way WAY that way" and pointing to Orchard Mesa.

-When mom tells him "no" about something (i.e. watching more movies) he gets an angry voice and says "Dadda say YES!!!" or when telling him he needs to _____ he'll say "I want dadda" and burst into tears. Hmmmm must be August/ September. He now has the words to express all of the contempt he's had for the last several fall seasons of me going back to work.

-If I spend some time telling Eric about my day or pick him up from Elsha and chat with everyone at dinner he shouts "Dopp talking!!!" a.k.a. stop talking.

-He still loves books and requests them ALL the time. He is starting to tell them with us when we read them. Cute!

-Best of all, he can now say "I wuv you" and "I wuv you bunches, bunches" and "diss" for kiss followed by puckered little lips and a lean in. Which is nice enough to make up for all the other silliness and mayhem.

Like I said, best part of my day.

2 comments:

Elsha said...

That "Dopp talking!" was great. He was so serious!

Kari and Jonathan said...

I love that he gives himself timeouts! Had someone taught me the same idea I could've saved myself a lot of trouble, hahaha!