Eric and I have a new project! We are going to put our house on the market. We bought 655 Spring Brook Drive back in August of 2003. I can't believe it's been that long now. The 02-03 school year was my first year back from California and working with my own caseload of students as a "Speech-Language Specialist" because I had my bachelor's degree in Speech-Language Pathology and the school district was able to put me on a TTE (Temporary Teaching Endorsement) through the Colorado Department of Education under emergency circumstances due to the nationwide shortage of SLPs. I lived with my parents most of that year in order to pay down some debt and save up a down payment. I had applied to the distance learning graduate program for Speech-Language Pathology at the University of Northern Colorado and been accepted, but the program didn't start for a year. So, after searching long and hard around the valley (i.e. Clifton, Fruitvale, Orchard Mesa and Southeast GJ seemed to match our price range) we finally found this 'beautiful' new build and knew it was for us! The month we moved in, I started graduate school and Eric had to have his gall bladder removed. Life sure is a whirlwind sometimes.
In preparation for putting our house on the market, we have been de-cluttering, fixing up, cleaning, packing, storing and rearranging things in our house. The Goodwill store and its faithful shoppers should be thanking us by now! It's almost to a point where we can clean the carpets and call the realtor for our market analysis, etc. Eric replaced our front porch and garage lights because the old ones were getting very tarnished. We plan to live at a rental property that my parents own so that realtors can show this place without having to call us first to clean and then get out! I hope that will allow for a quicker sale because I don't know how long I'll want to hang out there if the school year has started back up again. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment