Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Halloween 11




I never got around to posting about Halloween. Since I'm apparently NOT GOOD about scrapbooking (as in, bought some stuff for several different occasions and have yet to even print a pic) this blog is as good as it gets.

Espen was a ghost for Halloween. I'm not sure exactly why he was into ghosts. Sometime in July he started telling ghost stories. Creepy. He almost decided not to wear his costume. I made it on Halloween eve (if there is such a thing) and he said "That is too scary" so I said, "Well yeah, so you can go and scare EVERYBODY ELSE" and that seemed to make it okay. It was hard for him to keep lined up with his eyes though. I'm sure everyone has experienced THAT costume at least once in their lifetime. He took it off every chance he got. I'll put it in his bin of dress up clothes but I don't know if he'll choose it very often.

Eric was a punk. Complete with black nail polish, eye liner, red mohawk, "tat" sleeves, and a Punisher t-shirt. Crazy costume to be in while talking to a cop about someone breaking into your house. ;)

I ... passed the candy out to all the kids who came to the door, except for the ones who announced "We can't have hard candy" before they even said "trick or treat." Well, I'm trying to get rid of these Dum Dum suckers so I guess you're out of luck! The later kids got the newer, yummier, chocolatey-er versions of candy that I was okay being stuck with until Christmas. (insert evil laugh here bwah-ha-ha-ha) It was just kind of a bummer to sit on the stairs in between trick or treaters because we didn't have any furniture in the house yet (no, Espen's tiny blue adirondack doesn't fit my butt). There was NO WAY I was going to sit on that carpet in the living room.

No comments: